Hi All, time for a technical post!
Today while I was setting up a Subversion 1.5 installation over Apache 2.2.10 on Windows, I was experiencing a strange difficulty. After making the necessary configuration details on httpd.conf and I tried running the server, everything went smoothly, however when I made it run as a service, it would not run and give the following error:
“Cannot load C:/../modules/mod_dav_svn.so into server: The specified module could not be found.”
Even though this module was at the right location. After googling for a while and reading the Subversion FAQ for this problem and another useful document, I tried all the suggestions but the problem would still persist. After a while of tinkering, I resolved it by copying the following libraries from the Subversion’s installation to the modules folder of Apache:
I hope this post helps those who are having problems with Subversion deployments.
It did not use to be like this in previous Subversion releases, usually after putting the *.so files on the modules entry on Apache and configuring httpd.conf it was enough to make it run…